Friday, May 22, 2015

"Friendly Fridays... Bottoms up, literally!"

A recent Garden State Division meet was held in my old stomping grounds back in New York. I was anxious to have lunch at one of my old haunts, a favorite place for my high school group to gather during our summers home from college. I promised some of the GSDers an excellent neighborhood tavern with cold pitchers of beer, juicy  cheeseburgers and gooey pizza. Yes sir, got your four basic food groups right there.

But, OMG! The Road House had been renovated... went downright upscale with seared mahi-mahi tuna, broccoli rabe and Tiramisu. Tiramisu? I doubt that would have been a big seller forty years ago to bunch of frat boys. Regardless, it was ultimately about friendly company, and Bruce DeYoung, Chuck Diljack, Marc Moritz and I had a great time. Good modeling buddies and lots of laughs.

This photo was sent to my mates after an enjoyable lunch. I toasted their company, but the photo has nothing to do with our drinks. Look closely to see the trauma I experienced, unbeknownst to them, throughout the entire meal. I quietly snapped this ongoing pose while 'checking messages' on my iPhone.

Apparently part of the renovation included the installation of a gas-fueled fireplace for ambience. On this particular day, the system required the charms of a full-fledged, card-carrying plumber who contributed in his own way to my overall dining experience... a room with a view, so to speak. Since he was only in my line of sight, I spared the others and suffered in silence while longing for the good old days before Tiramisu and anything drizzled in balsamic reduction.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone. Cheers and happy dining!

-30-

  BONUS:  RHETORICAL QUESTION  OF  THE  DAY... 
 
Unfortunately union rules specifically prohibit the inclusion of this  feature on holiday weekends. We apologize for the inconvenience.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I wasn't facing the fireplace. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet... weren't you pretty focused on the bar area where the waitresses were congregated?

    ReplyDelete